Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my 3 1/2 year old fishing at a buddy's house off the lynnhaven river in search of some pups for the first time. The water was at an end of one of the branches surrounded by trees and houses to slow the wind a hair. Once we arrived we saw the larger pups finning on a sandbar and it was game on. The problem i had was that we had no bait, only a castnet with no bait in sight do to the murky water. So i busted out the fishbites in hopes of getting some spot. All i can say is that as soon as it hit the water it was on. My son fought the fish all by himself with the drag set superlite and made me proud. The fish of the day was about a 26 incher or so that i thought for sure he was going to lose the pole as i took pictures.. LOL Who would of thought that i could land a pup with a spot hook and fishbites.We ended up leaving early with a fighting kid not wanting to go home due to inclimate weather. What a great day..

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Good stuff Charlie congrats to your son:thumbup::yes::clap:

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Awesome Charlie. Thanks for the invite... Robbie would have loved that. We will connect next time.
Congrats to Hunter, thats awesome!!!:clapping2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts