Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yes: - How sweet is this ? Just as the season gets going and fuel prices are going up daily - our friends at Tri - State marine in Deale come through.

They are offering Yama Lube outboard oil for two strokes at $15.60 per gallon from a bulk drum. Only catch - they ask you to buy a clear jug from them at $1.50.

You can bring it back for refills though :thumbup: - so it is a one time expense unless you lose it.

Tri - State also sells Yahama parts and carries a decent selection of marine / boating supplies. In their showroom are some new Parkers and Grady Whites and now / then they have a few used boats.

This is a great deal - lowest price by far for Yama Lube that I have been able to find.

Their number is 301 261-5220.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother
They did that once before and it was all good

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I'm glad to hear that. I used to buy all my oil from Tri-State pumped from their drums into my gallon jugs. A few years ago, they stopped selling it that way, supposedly for environmental protection and permitting reasons.

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW: I stopped in today and got 6 gallons.

The reason for requiring clear jugs - there is a hand pump used to fill them. Be a real mess trying to fill jugs you can not see through.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
339 Posts
they must make their money on the jugs. It's been long enough since they stopped selling from the drums that I've tossed all my clear jugs.

(Hope this doesn't upset them since my boat is in their shop)

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charlie - I bought my boat from Tri - State about 14 years ago. Gotten to know many of the employees there - in fact , most are still there.

That alone says a lot about a company - having employees staying for 10 years or more.

The Yama Lube deal is legit - my guess is Tri - State is just trying to get folks to stop by and see everything they offer.

There are a few other places that offer the same pricing but none in Md that I know of.

Trust me - getting OB oil at almost half price really helps.

Now , if we can only convince Tri - State to sell bulk gasoline from a tanker for $2.00. :yes:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I bought 4 gallons today, the jugs are 2.00 a piece. There was also a guy selling some really good barbacue near the 7-11 before you get to Tri-State. Thanks for the heads up Skip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts