Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to fish the docks and shallow water areas.Had agreat evening with a fishing buddy......Many Stripers,no keepers but great fun on light line, 1 -17"Speck[great news,healthy and fat] 1 -flounder and a couple of heavy weight croackers.......All caught on StormEyes........

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What area on the piankatank were you fishing?
Hoping to get a boat in the river this weekend at some point in time if there arent too many jetskis and pleasure boats. Just isn't much fun in my lil 14 footer when some jerk wants to wake me out
[tongue]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any docks,points,changes in structure are great places to find all types of fish, a moving tide works better for me.....my best piece of fishing equipment is an electric motor, being quite is key, particularly in shallow water. If I go out this weekend it will be before sunrise, before the water gets crowded. Good luck....

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
693 Posts
You're right, Cap, and she IS beautiful.

Thanks for the standing invite. Hope I'll get there later in the summer. Will be sure to let you & Court know. I've been spending 'way too much time in the 17th century (Captain John Smith Water Trail), but we're surely going to have fun next year w/ America's 400th Birthday. Had a great day on the Nansemond w/ Kendall Osborne a month ago.

I e-mailed Jerry this AM about power handles for a couple of Corvalus 400's that I'm doing some light trolling with. Do you guys stock 'em or have acces to 'em?

·
Registered
535 Posts
JP-

I don't believe that power handles are available for the Corvalus or any other Shimano baitcaster in sizes 400 or smaller. I think that the only small baitcasters that have power handles available are the ABU Ambassadeurs.

Here are a few more pretty 3-4# specks from this morning. I had 11yr old twins on the casting deck. All fish are being caught on a variety of 4" soft plastics.

Chris

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
693 Posts
Yup. Thanks for checking. While you & the twins were playing w/ those beautiful specks, your man Willy at the shop was shipping me two of them.

The Crovalus reels go on a pair of Penn Power Sticks, 7' for 1/2-2-oz. lures but also great for LTT (light trolling) #15-17 Tonys and the like. We've got a nice bite on here for 20-28" rock suspended in 30-40' of water.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great pics chris. I'm planning on hitting the Piankatank early saturday with a 7weight and some clousers. I haven't been there in 2 years; can you remind me if there is still that private landing right before the route 3 bridge? If not where do you recommend putting in?
Thanks,
Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts