Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad news is I threw a blade on my prop. Looks like it had a crack for awhile some discoloration close to the hub. I got it up on plane and had an 18 mile run back to the ramp. Had to keep it above 40 or it shook too bad. Hope I didn't harm the lower unit. Anyway I was fishing the eastern shore from Solomons and caught fish on points up to 22". Lost a real nice one taking drag like crazy and I was running with him with the electric motor when he just stopped wasn't moving. ??? Motored up to the lure and it was stuck in a half buried pound net. Used my boat brush hooked the lure and pulled part of the net up and cut it free.

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
was the net marked? IS this even pound net season? Good work on the topwater! sucks about the prop

·
Registered
58 Posts
hope this doesn't violate the rules of the forum ...but... i have a stainless steel prop for sale (reasonable price) on craigslist if you need to replace yours. check the York PA Craigslist boat parts section (mechanicsburg).

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jamie- This was an old submerged net probably only a few inches off the bottom in 3 feet of water. Don't ever remember seeing a net on this point and I've been fishing it for at least 15 years.

Lone ranger- bingo I've heard they have had a problem with blades.

Bottom knocker- Mostly a skitter pop and a mirrodine but the big fish was a a small rapala type crank bait. I was working a rip. I'd throw the skitter pop, then the mirrodine and last the crank bait.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pic of the net I cut off. Not much of a chance of it happening again but just in case.

Fc1755- what size prop?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bummer about the prop! FWIW, I have a Yamaha stainless 14 1/2 x 21 in good condition for sale in Annapolis. Just need to get it out of the house :) Drop me a PM if interested.

Sean Fitz

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After closer examination I did hit something, didn't just throw the blade. Both screens on the water pick up are broken with bits of wood in them. Plus the shaft is bent.

Flyfitz- too low of a pitch, thanks anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts