Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From todays Washington Post

Wal-Mart Commits to Powering 360 Sites in Texas With Wind

By Ylan Q. Mui
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, November 20, 2008; Page D03

Wal-Mart has signed a contract to help power hundreds of its stores using wind energy, one of the largest investments in the field by a U.S. retailer.

The four-year agreement with Duke Energy is expected to provide up to 226 million kilowatt-hours of power each year to about 360 stores and distribution centers in Texas, about 15 percent of the total electricity used. The company said the purchase will result in the reduction of about 139,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide, the equivalent of what 25,000 cars would emit.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wal Mart stock is up so far today and did not take the big tumble that others stocks did. If you were aware of your surroundings instead of trying to be the biggest ah you would know that.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
So etoufool your saying that the Messiah Obamalama is why Walmart is up:wacko::wacko::confused::helpsmilie:

MOONBAT strikes again.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I'm saying the Wal Mart is making a move in the right direction. I assume others on the board comprehended that fact.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WM also announced a 10% profit for Q3.
The Republicans are sorry they did not get some money into the WM pot so they could claim responsibility. They are placing taxpayer monies in the party goers AIG, credit card companies (to add to the individuals debt) and certain banks...this gives them the power to decide which banks will continue in business and whose will fail (bet you lunch the ones that get the money are solid contributors to the Republican party).

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
The Republicans are sorry they did not get some money into the WM pot so they could claim responsibility. They are placing taxpayer monies in the party goers AIG, credit card companies (to add to the individuals debt) and certain banks...this gives them the power to decide which banks will continue in business and whose will fail (bet you lunch the ones that get the money are solid contributors to the Republican party).
Hey MOONBAT your party will be the demise of Wally world. Tax the **** out of them then pass it to the consumer. Etoufool the MOONBAT! :wacko::rolleyes:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
That's awesome for walmart...the last few weeks we could made a lot of electricity with all this wind. wish it would stop.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Really? I thought the dems were in charge for 2 yrs?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have shown that they are not. Bush is pushing through a lot of end-game legislation...if the Dems were in charge they could not get away with it. A small majority does not translate into "in charge" with Bush having veto power. Of course his veto ,power only applied after the Dems won a small majority. Prior to that it was spend away boys Daddy won't veto a thing...and he didn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts