Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a last minute change in plans with out of town guests leaving earlier than expected, so managed to sneak out of the Magothy around noon. Was trying to figure out of I was goona head north to Swan Point or south to Eastern Bay when a good pod of birds formed up in front of me along the channel edge near Baltimore Light.

Birds moved off pretty quick, but the fish stayed put. It was a better class of fish than expected and managed to pick up about 20 or so in the next hour and half 21-27". Got in about three or four 20-minute drifts, staying on the fish most of the time.

Bite finally died, so ran the circuit from LP to Rock Hall to Swan Point and found very little. Decided to head back toward home and try the same area as before. Got close and saw a ton of birds circling high in the sky, but very few hitting the water. I figured they were seeing something I was not so I decided to give it a shot.

Finder was blank for about 2 or 3 minutes, then lights up like a Christmas tree with much bigger marks than earlier in the day. First drop with a 6"BKD and rod goes bendo. After a nice fight, boated a fat 34" covered with sea lice. Really glad (and suprised) to see the little buggers so far north. Drop back in, finder still lit, and come tight with a 32".

Birds continued on their way, but the bite stayed hot for a little over an hour with no other boats near me. Just kept repeating my same drift. Ended up catching about another dozen or so 26-28" and four more over 30". Amazing afternoon - one of the best I've had so close to home.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thats good fishing. Even better so close to home. You can cheat a little and stay on the water longer when your that close to the dock. Way to go on the ltj. I'll take a 30in fish on a jigging rod over a 40in on a broomstick any day.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Nice job getting them close to home. The west side was about the only place we didn't look for them today...glad you got into them.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
awesome, sounds like it turned out to be a great day for you. :rockingreport::rockingreport:

thanksk for posting:clap::clapping2:

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Good job on finding them and then having the sense to come back and look under circling birds. You know they are there for a reason and when they circle up they are looking or could have been previously diving on bait. Always worth a look.

What a blast to have them to yourself and fish of that quality to boot. Nice:yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts