Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Pretty cool that a Great White came up the Bay... wonder why?

Something doesn't seem right. 8 hours between pings near Point Lookout and the Jersey coast. That shark traveled approximately 200 miles in 8 hours? I suppose it could have gone through the canal... but still a long way in 8 hours.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
A very interesting "ping". However, it looks like it may be an error. The site shows the great white shark, Mary Lee, near Chesapeake beach on May 29th at 6:22 PM. And another ping, a half hour later, shows Mary Lee near Avalon NJ (May 29th at 6:58 PM). It appears the Chesapeake ping may not be accurate?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Too bad...I was hoping she would ingest about 1000 cow nosed rays...They are destroying the bay..

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The Chesapeake Bay ping is definitely a navigational error of some sort. The fish was likely off the coast near OC at that time based on the previous and subsequent pings...unless it flew across DelMarVa

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Too bad...I was hoping she would ingest about 1000 cow nosed rays...They are destroying the bay..
...but seriously. Cow nose rays are part of the diet of sharks, but it's my understanding that because we've wiped out so many sharks, the ray population has exploded...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.