Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had promised myself I wouldn't run to the canyons ever again in my boat.... Well, didn't run quite that far- but almost. You have to if you want nice water. It's green 45 miles out to the SSW of oc. Towards the washing ton. Really nasty pea green. Hit decent water at 45 or so and worked our way out to the rock pile area near the end of the day. Saw lots of life, lots of bait, but not much to take home. Micro tuna and Mahdi were common. By micro I mean like 10-14 inches micro. We caught black fin, yellowfin and even a small bluefin( pretty sure on id, it had to be one, the pec fin was insanely short). Most dolphin were too small to even eat our small hoos. Hoped all day for a hoo. No such luck. Should be some large predators around with all those mini tunas.

Did find a few sparse weed lines trying to form up out there.

Brought the boat home after. I'm done for this year in oc in my boat. Too far to run her for my liking.

Anyone looking to fish from 35 fathoms and in may need to alter thier plans. The water simply looked terrible. Perhaps there are fish in there somewhere, I'm just done looking for this year.

Brett

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thanks for the report Brett. Sorry to hear the fishing wasn't better, but this report makes me feel a little better about my decision to stay inside for flounder tomorrow instead of making a 60 mile run to the canyons. I was originally planning on heading towards the Poormans or Baltimore, but the reports have been scarce lately, and what I have heard hasn't sounded all that promising, so I decided earlier today to just hit the wreck sites tomorrow for flounder instead.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thank you for the report, been land locked the past few weeks chomping to get out but the lack of information and your report seem to add up to slow fishing inshore. Makes me fell a little better about not being at the beach, but I am still considering a trip the Jackspot / fingers this weekend will post if I do anything.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
water was pea green all the way out past the sausages. well past them in fact. jackspot was nasty looking too. but, i know some people catch tunas in the green water so, im not going to say it cant happen.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Looks to be a blowout everywhere this weekend......15-20 plus, inshore, offshore, even the Ches bay.
Just got my boat back after being down a month, and looks like the only way it's getting wet this weekend is if I wash it.:52:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yep

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY
EVENING

THROUGH 7 PM
SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 1 TO 2 FT... MAINLY SE SWELL
WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 9 SECONDS.

TONIGHT
S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SE AFTER MIDNIGHT...THEN
BECOMING E LATE. SEAS 1 TO 2 FT...MAINLY SE SWELL WITH A DOMINANT
PERIOD OF 9 SECONDS.

FRI
E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING NE 10 TO 15 KT IN THE LATE MORNING
AND AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 9 SECONDS. A
SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...THEN A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND TSTMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

FRI NIGHT
NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 5 TO 6 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SAT
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 5 TO 6 FT.

SAT NIGHT
NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 5 TO 6 FT.

SUN
NE WINDS 15 KT. SEAS 4 FT.

SUN NIGHT
E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts