Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Folks,
I'm new to the Forum. My Wife and I are close to settling in to our new home and will have access to Lambs Creek, just off the Poquoson River.

The Gentleman I spoke to at the Local shop said plenty of Drum in those Creeks.

Anyone here have experience Fishing in the creeks and streams off of the Poq River? Creek is close in proximity to the Tabb Docks ( Rodgers A Smith boat launch )- It's pretty shallow through there, maybe 4' max in the center, I know big Boats can only come and go during High Tide.

I picked up a popping cork and some 3" gulp shrimp to try next time I'm over there. Would Love to be able to catch + cook if I can get some Drum to bite. Would like to fish from the Shore but I've gone ahead and put a rod holder on my Kayak

Thanks in advance, any tips or information greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My parents just moved into a house off Rens road and now we ha e access to the Bennett’s creek I think it is an the poquoson river.
We fished the Newport News side of the James river for 20 years so I am much better suited to answer questions there.
So far all I have done is catch bait for taking my boat out to the bo do water but I can tell you spot are everywhere right now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts