Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son-in-law and I went bottom fishing in 50'-60' of water off of Towles Point on Sunday and caught at least 10 grey trout, keeping 5 of legal size. We had some frozen cut bait but that wasn't working so believe it or not we used bloodworm flavored Fish Bites and caught 1 huge croaker and one spot, which became the new cut bait. My fish finder said the water was 54 degrees and Fish Bites aren't supposed to work below 65 degrees, but they came through for us. We anchored and had to have a lot of patience but it paid off.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice work Dr. Bob! Were you marking fish on your sonar, or have any particular reason for looking for trout there?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Near mosquito pt on sat we marked a lot of what looked like trout. we were on a rockfish mission so we kept on going.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob G,

We went because my son-in-law suggested we try it, based on his experience and after he talked with one of his friends who had recently bottom fished at or near that area and been successful. He thought the water might still be warm enough down deep and he must have been right. We marked some fish here and there, but we mostly waited patiently with the bait in the water.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks Dr. Bob. I like to mix up the trout and striper fishing, but only seem to luck into the trout every so often. Figure anything new I learn can help. Tight lines!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts