Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a group of 5-6 family members interested in a day of offshore fishing during our vacation to Duck, NC. We have limited experience. Prefer Oregon Inlet, but would consider Hatteras.

Available dates are 28 July - 2 August 2013.

Please quote availability and a price with required deposit.

Thanks
JT

·
Registered
131 Posts
Go to http://www.oregon-inlet.com/ Check the availability for the day you want to fish and see who is open for the day you have selected.

They are all very good fishermen but some do have nicer boats than the others. I don't think you can go wrong with any boat at the Oregon Inlet Fishing Center.

Good luck,

Byron

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Check the oregon inlet website and if you can make it work with either here's a plug for Captain Billy Maxwell on the Tuna Fever and Captain Brynner Parks on the Smoker. Both are first class boats and hardworking captains.

I'm sure others will chime in with more

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you go through the fishing center, they usually assign you to a boat.
If you do little research you can contact the Captain's directly. You can book your trip directly on the boat's website.
Find boats and links to websites on the fishing center site; www.oregon-inlet.com.
Some boats have more creature comforts than others; AC, big screen TV's. Also, some boats are faster (twin engine) which should equal more time on the fishing grounds, or ability to change locations quickly looking for better fish. Oregon Inlet charters run about $1750, plus tip for mate. Hatteras charters tend to be a little cheaper, probably due to the shorter run to the fishing grounds (lower fuel bill).
Check out Hatteras charters at: www.teachslair.com

Tight lines,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts