Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People are getting just down right ignorant when it comes to wreck fishing. We have had problems no less than 5 times fishing site 8, and site 7 with boats coming within 20 feet of where we are already anchored. These are HUGE sites with all kinds of structure, and plenty of pieces for everyone without running in on someone that is already anchored. This makes me mad as hell. I usally will start chucking a 2oz BAaround the other boat. This is dangerous. My friend actully had a CHARTER boat out of Lewes slam into the bow of his boat while ANCHORED two weeks ago. Smashed down the hand rails, and put a hole in the fiberglass about the size of a softball. Luckly the hole was high, and he kept fishing. Only to have another boat move within feet of him again, and start fishing. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem down there?

I'll be down the whole week of the 4th. I'll give a report when I get back. Tight lines.

·
Registered
17 Posts
posse had the same thing happen last week. My oldest son and I were catching flounder real well til a charter boat and two private boats piled right on top of us.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have had the same problems with other boats in the bay every season. Its just seems to be getting worst every year. I think most anglers don't know how to boat or fish and follow the hot bite & if you happen to be the hot rod for the day , your the target.

What every came of that head boat out of Lewes ? Did it get fined or better yet lose his license. I know a fellow angler that saw you come in that day talking to the police at the ramp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
have that problem all the time, I won't pull in close on someone @ anchor but if somebody is pushing me off my spot, while drifting be sure I'll pull right back on top. When people see you pull in fish they attack.

My advice is do your homework and locate fish on your own. I really think the smaller headboats out of Lewes think they own the bay.

·
Registered
797 Posts
its to bad you spend all this money and time just so you can enjoy a little bit of life and here they come. just because your getting paid to do somthing dont give you more rights than rest of people,in fact they should be more aware and set a better example.who knows what they might do roles rev.s? oh and be carful throwing stuff and such .like road rage ,who knows how far that may ramp up ? such as flare guns or reg. guns. just to crazy.man way to much stress,just a shame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
some people just don't get it, last year while drifting some del bay structure ( 4 or 5 boats drifting me included) a charter pulls up looking like they are gonna join in on the drift and he anchors over the piece we're all working... un freakin believable,

·
Registered
61 Posts
Posse, I'm right there with you on this problem. I dropped a marker jug on a piece at site 8, and while trying to get anchored on it, had to compete with a charter boat that came in behind me. I had to laugh though, cause by the time I was catching fish he was still trying to hook up next to me, and never could, as his paying party watched his futile anchoring efforts as we bailed tog.

Usually when I'm anchored up I'll have one or two boats do tight circles around me, and I know they are marking my numbers.

I try not to get upset unless someone does something that puts my boat at risk. If you have ever fished the Gypsum Prince, it's not unusual to have 3 or more boats all hooked up on it at once, and it can be done safely, if each captain knows what he's doing.

I think about 40 feet is about as close as can be done safely, and if further than that it's not worth getting upset about. When togging, your really not competing for the same fish, unless you are right on top of each other.

The guys that know what they are doing end up catching most of the fish anyway by the end of the day. No sense letting the leeches ruin your day on the water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts