Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Parker 21SE with a roller trailer and was wondering if anyone uses guides to help center there boat when power loading. I have an enclosure I put up when its cold and when the wind is blowing it makes it hard to hit the center rollers. Any advise would be helpful.:helpsmilie:

Knottfishin

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hi Knott - I have a 21SE with bunks, and it loads first time, every time.

If you don't want to convert your trailer, the side guides may help some.

If you do want to convert - they have the hardware at Easternmarine.com.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
I am with pax...I have the guides (bunks) also...loads the first time for me too.....my new boat will have the (Parker 23) will have the bunks too........:wacko:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Guides are the way to go on any trailer as far as I,m concerned. I t sure makes it easier to back with boat off and to load when alone , just get the bow inbetween tose poles then good to go everytime.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Bunks AND upright guides- why not? Plus the guides make it a lot easier to see what your trailer's doing when you're backing up empty.

(Most people seem to frown on power loading with rollers- I assume its too easy to damage the individual rollers, with the resultant damage to the hull????? )

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Definitely recommend the guides, especially when boating alone or on windy days. I've got the PVC type on both of my trailers and will never go anywhere without them. I do crank manually but would not think you would have a problem with an electric wench.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hi Knott - I have a 21SE with bunks, and it loads first time, every time.

If you don't want to convert your trailer, the side guides may help some.

If you do want to convert - they have the hardware at Easternmarine.com.
Pax, Did you convert your trailer? I have been thinking of doing that for faster loading, and cause I getting to old to hand crank it anymore.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I made my own guides and added a self centering forward roller,adjusted the roller up a hair higher then the standard roller that was there the thing works great,you can watch it corkscrew and center the frt of the boat...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

Most of the times I have no problem loading unless the wind is blowing or its rough at the boat ramp.Some times when I load at Kiptopeke state park I would load in the center of the ramp but I don't feel comfortable with boats on both sides. I hope guides will help.

Thanks for the feedback:))

Knottfishin

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,155 Posts
Guides rule!!!

I have instaled them (custom- heavier duty than can be store bought) on all of my boat trailers and will continue to do so as the fleet increases in number. They make loading soooooo much easier and safe.

Mine are usually constructed of 1" Galvanized pipe and covered with 1 1/4" PVC pipe before being bent to the correct shape. Yes, they are bent (with an electric pipe bender) to conform to the hull shape as necessary.

If you decide to go that route, you can use my pipe bender.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hey Ken - No, mine came as a bunk trailer. I wouldn't hesitate to convert roller to bunk though. Bunks are the way to go with our Parkers. Makes your ramp time a 30 second deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.