Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my Hydra sports 230CC out of OI last week in June. I'd like to follow the big boats out to the gulfstream if it's pretty out. What's the correct etiquette for tagging along? Don't want to step on any toes. Would Hatteras be a better bet?
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I don't think you want to follow to the GS out of OI on a 23fter. I would drive an extra hr. to Hatteras and find a weed line if conditions are "flat" offshore, check before you go out of the inlet first!

Be safe.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You would be fine on a 23 foot Hydrasport out of OI if the conditions were good- fished out there Wed and Thurs this week and saw several smaller boats within the fleet- approximately a 35-38 mile run and make sure you got proper safety gear and keep an eye on the WX. Charter boats have no problem with tag alongs and make sure you have some good fresh balyhoo. Would recommend fishing the Point and North of it as well. Tuna have been sporatic and several nice dolphins were in the catch as well. I have a 20ft Hydrasport Vector and have run it out of VA Beach to Norfolk Canyon a few times on perfect days with buddy boats- just remember that the WX can change in a flash and be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts