Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
1,382 Posts
Actually, you guys are probably the right people to ask - I have a 20 gauge that I carry with me when rabbit hunting (870 Remington Wingmaster). I want a sling but do not want to screw anything into the stock or otherwise permanently injure the stock and there is no clip provided. Is there any solution that really works - maybe with a cradle at the butt end or something?

Thanks

Pat

· Registered
965 Posts
Actually, you guys are probably the right people to ask - I have a 20 gauge that I carry with me when rabbit hunting (870 Remington Wingmaster). I want a sling but do not want to screw anything into the stock or otherwise permanently injure the stock and there is no clip provided. Is there any solution that really works - maybe with a cradle at the butt end or something?

Thanks

Pat
There are loop slings, but I'm not a fan. What's the issue with adding a swivel? To me a sling is key to stabilizing a shot as much as transporting a rifle.

· Registered
1,382 Posts
Thanks MP

I definitely do not need a sling to stabilize my shot. Never used a sling and, if I must say, I don't miss often. I just don't want to screw something into my stock. Really, the only time I will need a sling is when rabbit hunting since I am walking around so much and can't put the gun down. It is not necessary when sitting in a blind or dove patch and I can just set the gun down.

Will look up "loop sling"

Pat

· Registered
605 Posts
Progger,

Maryland's first black powder seasons had to be Flint or Percussion; we built our Thompson Center Hawkins from TC kits, they shot well using round balls. They were heavy and needed a sling to carry for sure.
Oh, I'm aware.
TC too rich for me, built a CVA Hawkens from a kit.
Used black.walnut hills and turpentine for the stain.
Tried the lace on sling, went back to carrying over shoulder. Actually balances pretty well

1 - 20 of 58 Posts