Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed out about 6:30 this morn in the GP,,3600 ft trotline , out near the mouth, 2 runs of line, 0 crabs. packed up & went home,, talked with a few other crabbers & no one was having much sucess this am.

GP looks like it is done!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
14 crabs on 2 runs yesterday afternoon by green 7. I think your right they're gone. Hit the Bush on Wednesday afternoon, slightly better, 1.5 bushel in 3 hours. What a difference a week makes.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My original goal was to be on the GP tomorrow morning but on Thursday decided to do some chores around the house ( After Beth reminded me :yes: ) . Friday before crabfest was great on the GP and I was so happy to be able to supply two baskets of nice crabs for the party.

Looks like a south run next week:thumbup:

For those who venture out tomorrow Good Luck

John

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was out on the GP Friday didn't do to well untill the tide turned around .I did manage to get a bushel of black crabs but it took a long time. I used traps & was in 7-8 feet of water . I did see rj & a few other trot liners the lines didn't do well at all the traps produced a bunch of quality crabs. I do agree with rj I think the crabs are leaving the GP.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
was at dundee marina @ noon today a guy came in with 2 bushel of very nice crabs said he was at the mouth, I know that to be a fact I took a boat ride and he was working his traps @ 11:30

·
Registered
404 Posts
Crabbin

My buddy lives down by the Chester and he said the past two days there were not good either............I know for a fact that I have caught them in the Chester 16-18ft up until the 2nd week in Nov. So maybe things are just a little off. Back river was producing earlier this week.

·
Registered
11,081 Posts
I was on the GP yesterday,tuesday and saw 1 crabber.I don't know what he did.

·
Registered
11,081 Posts
Today Wednesday oct.15 O crabbers and the last Commie was pullin his pots from the GP mouth...taps

·
Registered
1 Posts
iV'E BEEN NAILEN BIG FALL CRABS IN THE GP. WAS OUNT MONDAY WITH THE WIFE AND GOT A SOLID BU. OF JIMIES WITH A MIX OF SOME PAPERSHELLS. GETN'EM GP PARK SIDE ON EVE. TIDE. ABOUT 6 OR 7 A RUN.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts