Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the luck of finding a great old winchester model 21. Got a good deal on the gun, and overall, it is in good shape, but the wood and bluing could use some refurbishment. Who would y'all recommend for doing a rebluing and putting on a new finish to bring a classic gun back into shape?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Almost any 21 is a valuable gun in original condition think twice before you have anything done to this shotgun...clean it shoot it........this gun will never be made in america again...Wes

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that, I'm only preliminarily looking into this. I'm also a gun packrack, and will probably never sell it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You can try the DIY restoration kits they sell at most any gun shop. I reblued and refinished my old winchester 1200 and it turned out pretty decent.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The advice is right on. 21's in original condition are worth a mint. Think twice about restoring it or rebluing it. Call Art Harris in Bethesda (maybe under Gentleman Hunter) or see Greg Wolf at Albright's in Easton MD for advice on how to handle. If you get bored with the 21 or can't find room for it, bmail me. I'm looking for one. Joe

·
Registered
656 Posts
Don't touch it, it will cost you.

But I don't like to use something that looks bad even if collectors like them that way. Collectors are a funny bunch they will pay double if it has a cardbord box with the gun. The fashion is worn and even dirty guns for reasons I can't understand

I would buy a copy of Double gun journal and shop it through the specalty dealers.

With what you can sell it for you can buy a new Italian over and under or Spanish side by side with fancy wood, engraving, and interchangeble chokes with money left over

Boats

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bill Aperson located in halifax va (near south boston) is great. It's a long trip from Annapolis, but all of the skeet shooters in VA can give you a good reference on him.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if I do anything, I'll probably go with Greg Wolf in Easton, he's close and nationally recognized as one of the best in the east.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts