Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we impeach a President for being out-of-touch with reality?

"...spending restraint, is critical to reducing the deficit. The FY 2007 Budget builds on last year’s successful spending restraint .."FROM Last nights speech by GWB, Jr.

"Forty-two amendments, the majority of them involving small spending projects promoted by senators with an eye on bringing home the bacon, were adopted by unrecorded "voice" votes -- usually after cursory deliberation that failed even to explain the subject matter.." Washington Post by Nicholas Wheeler.

"Yesterday, Bush effectively signed a cease-fire -- critics called it more like a surrender -- in his war on pork. He signed into law a $286 billion transportation measure that contains a record 6,371 pet projects inserted by members of Congress from both parties." ...Washington Post by Weisman and VandeHei.

"In a matter of months, George Walker Bush, 43rd President of the United States, could go down in history as the first full-term president in 175 years not to have exercised his constitutional veto power.

That’s quite a feat considering his father, Bush Sr., vetoed 44 bills in his one term in office. His successor, Bill Clinton, vetoed 37 bills in his eight years—a little under par for recent presidents: Reagan vetoed 78, Carter 31, Ford 66, and Nixon vetoed 43 bills before being impeached." FROM: History News Network by Heidorn.

Is someone so far out of touch with his own words and his own actions competent to lead the greatest country in the world?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
Well considering that budgets are revised, voted on and submitted by Congress, and Congress is the body which has to vote to impeach a president, for Congress to vote to impeach a president for failing to veto spending seems, well, stupid. But I wouldn't think that would inhibit the democrats.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To say:

"...spending restraint, is critical to reducing the deficit. The FY 2007 Budget builds on last year’s successful spending restraint .."FROM Last nights speech by GWB, Jr.

and to sign into law

He signed into law a $286 billion transportation measure that contains a record 6,371 pet projects inserted by members of Congress from both parties." ...Washington Post by Weisman and VandeHei.

is the kind of leadership I would expect Fritzer, Capt Frank and their ilk to support. To think that restraining such a person as "stupid" further advances my argument that name calling and labeling in place of facts is the best opposing argument the opposition can rely upon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts