Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wondered why I have never been able to catch any (to speak of ) good fish over the Gwynn Artificial Reef. One fellow at the marina where I keep my boat said it was because the structure has sunk into the silt/mud. I made several passes over the reef last week with my depthfinder set to about 95% sensitivity and 50% chart speed and could only find a couple of bumps.

Can anybody confirm that this may be a logical theory?

BTW, the same guy that told me this did catch two Flatties in the 4lb range two weeks ago trolling, but I still couldn't get anything on my very brief try.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have never had any luck there either but I have heard of some tog being caught there. I recently fished the area and I also had trouble finding structure.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Same here, I fished it a couple of times with no luck and I circled that area several times and only saw a few bumps as well, never have found any structure to speak of.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[Q]capt. dave originally wrote:
Perhaps we shoul try to get VMRC to rebuild that reef.
[/Q]

Till then I will just keep dumping my X-Mas trees out there[grin]

In all seriousness, if any of you have a suggestion as to the best people to write on the issue, I will do it. I met one of your VA Congressmen having dinner at the Surry House last week, and he seemed real protective of the 'Bay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts