Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather is looking good for this afternoon so I plan on hitting Hacketts around 4:00. I've only fished there once and did pretty well chunking on an outgoing tide. Any advice on fishing it on incoming tide?

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Mike,

Just saw this. As long as you don't have wind against tide I pretty much fish Hacketts the same incoming or outgoing. Hopefully you did well today!

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Caught one 24 striper and lost one before the tide went slack and the bite stopped.

Speaking of which, I'm having a hard time getting the tides right using the NOAA predictions. Will start a separate thread.

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
Find a copy of Prop Talk - free magazine. I know Anglers has it for sure.

Inside - there will be a current chart for the month - it shows direction and max. current plus slack.

I find it very accurate - most times. I use it to plan trips / where I'll fish.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Skip, I've been utilizing the noaa cbofs site and the noaa tide predictions. Just trying to wrap my head around how the two mesh together. Their predictions seem to be off by a couple of hours from my observations. Regardless, I go when I can no matter what the tides and current are doing. I've just been baffled a couple of times when I'm expecting to see slack current and it's ripping or I expect to see the tide coming in and flowing to the north and instead it's going south. Been picking up prop talk since I moved here in November but haven't noticed the currents. Normally get them at the boatyard. Oh and thanks for the summer trolling tips in the main forum. Very helpful for a newcomer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.