1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started work early and finished early so I dropped the ski at Willoughby
around 1330 and went straight to the Third Island. I was hopeing to Tog
fish but the swells were too big for that. There was a small group of birds
in the curve with a bunch of blues under them, so caught about a dozen.
I then eeled around the third and over the tube and caught and released
two slots around 30". Then all I could get were more blues. Casted storms
at the island and caught three Rocks 17-20", kept one.
Stopped and fished the HRBT on the way back, caught 2 small ones and
kept one more. Back at the ramp at 1900, new lights worked well. Saw
TFer "Fishing Fool" at 3rd, do not know him but he has a pretty boat. Also
saw Kenny and Corey on "Sacrifice" at HRBT.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
great report brian

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Pretty work. And that is one pretty boat. I haven't met him either but my grandfather and his dad (they were musicians) were friends. I used to wash his dad's car when I was a teenager. Small world.

Jimmy Kipper
Residential Irrigation Specialties

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Pretty work. And that is one pretty boat. I haven't met him either but my grandfather and his dad (they were musicians) were friends. I used to wash his dad's car when I was a teenager. Small world.

Jimmy Kipper
Residential Irrigation Specialties
Jimmy:
Who is your grandfather? My dad was a well known Jazz Trumpet & Fleugal Horn Player in this area. He was fortunate to have played with some of the very best musicians.

Also, where did you wash my dad's car at?

It's a SMALL WORLD..

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My grandfather’s name was Raymond Kipper. He was a drummer. When I was in my late teens/early 20’s, I used to pick up your dad’s car at the downtown store and take it back to Raymond’s house (Beverly Ave., across from DePaul hospital.) He always gave me a 5 or 10 dollar tip. That’s a lot for a starving teen!

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
My grandfather's name was Raymond Kipper. He was a drummer. When I was in my late teens/early 20's, I used to pick up your dad's car at the downtown store and take it back to Raymond's house (Beverly Ave., across from DePaul hospital.) He always gave me a 5 or 10 dollar tip. That's a lot for a starving teen!
I remember your grandfather's name, just can't place the face, but that was a few years ago. It is indeed a SMALL WORLD..

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Brian,

Well done.. Sounds like a nice time on the water..can never get tired of that sweet fish!!!!!Looking forward to the season!! See you on the water...Beth

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Thanks for the replies, can't wait till the big ones are here!!
Brian:
Where are you going to put that 60 lb striper at???? I'd love to see you riding in with that beast in your lap!!!:D

The BIG BOYS will be here SOON!!! The water is cooling off pretty fast...

See Ya on the H2O

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Lucian, If I get a 60 pounder I will find a way to get it back. Worst case,
in the six foot deep compartments. I could put 2 60# in each. But of course
I only need room for two. My company supports my hobbies and my family
also.
Hey:
I think you have bigger fish boxes than me.... I'm JEALOUS!!!:eek::D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey brian i saw you zipping around the hrbt monday night. Thats a pretty cool set up you got there we were in a trophy with a green top next to some friends of yours. We ended up catching 10 stripers just after dark 18 to 24 inch range. Im outta taylors landing and have envied your boat fishing fool on many occasion. Good luck out there and happy fishing.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Hey brian i saw you zipping around the hrbt monday night. Thats a pretty cool set up you got there we were in a trophy with a green top next to some friends of yours. We ended up catching 10 stripers just after dark 18 to 24 inch range. Im outta taylors landing and have envied your boat fishing fool on many occasion. Good luck out there and happy fishing.
My name is Lucian... I'm out of Taylor's too... Stop by and say hi next time you see me.. It was a blast catching on ultra light tackle... I can't wait for a return trip..

Brian was on the jet ski... Pretty cool seeing him doing so well on that thing all over the ocean and bay..

I hope this weather settles back down soon, I need a DEEP WATER FIX... I also need to get out into the blue water and whack some BIG YFT...

I wonder if I'll see Jet Ski Brian on the Tuna Bite???:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts