Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Broomes Island today beautiful weather, 1200 ft snood line, 18 traps only 13 keepers and about 12 throw backs . Looks like the last storm shut them down or chased them out of the rivers. Had a great year crabbin, I hope everyone else did too. Thanks to everyone who made a report or gave out information . Hope to see everyone at the Snood fest in February. Line and traps were in anywhere between 10 ft to 16 ft of water even tried 18 ft. Timbass

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Got to give it to you for one last try Tim. Good meeting you at Crab fest and will see you at snood fest. Stay warm while playing with water on winter nights!!....Gary

·
Registered
678 Posts
tried today by Benedict brige... 2000' line from 6-9ft 3.5 dozen decent crab...... threw back about 3 dozen small crab and about 2 dozen nice femles.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Good to hear that a few are still being caught.

Iam goin fishing tomorrow and trying to chase breakers in EBay. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Len's on the Pax

End of our season was today and I couldn't think of a better body of water to throw some lines and a few traps in. Our catch was a 1/2 bushel of good males, didn't count. Beth also netted three sooks for the day and back to the water they went. We also caught about 6 smalls. Water was 52 degrees and we crabbed from 10 ft to 17ft. The best depth for us was 14 to 15 feet. The only problem for us was there was shallow water at the ramp when we came back which gave me a workout cranking the boat on the trailer. Enjoyed some good conversation with Lenny and the gang at the Marina. We really hated to leave knowing it will be at least 6 to 7 months before we return. For one of the worst years for crabbing it was our best year.

Enjoy the Holidays ahead and we will be going to the Commercial Expo in Ocean City, hope to see many of you there.

Beth and John:thumbup:

·
Registered
531 Posts
End of our season was today and I couldn't think of a better body of water to throw some lines and a few traps in. Our catch was a 1/2 bushel of good males, didn't count. Beth also netted three sooks for the day and back to the water they went. We also caught about 6 smalls. Water was 52 degrees and we crabbed from 10 ft to 17ft. The best depth for us was 14 to 15 feet. The only problem for us was there was shallow water at the ramp when we came back which gave me a workout cranking the boat on the trailer. Enjoyed some good conversation with Lenny and the gang at the Marina. We really hated to leave knowing it will be at least 6 to 7 months before we return. For one of the worst years for crabbing it was our best year.

Enjoy the Holidays ahead and we will be going to the Commercial Expo in Ocean City, hope to see many of you there.

Beth and John:thumbup:
I don't think anyone except dnr is saying it was one of the worst years. for many it was a durn good year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts