Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marked a lot of fish. Started out bad at 9:00 am. Fuel line split just after launching. Fixed but lost 1/2 hour.
We actually started with smaller fish but ended with bigger ones just after the tide. The biggest was 44" but didn't have a lot of Girth. Still nice fish. We left the River at 1:45PM. At top of tide we moved to second location. So for 3 hours of actual fishing, we caught a total of 164 lbs. of fish. Really fun day. Water temp was 58 degrees and water was dirty brown. 20151031_095654.jpg 20151031_130542.jpg 20151031_134841.jpg

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Looks like you are just above the Key Bridge. I was going to go there Saturday but the GW Parkway was backed up so I went to Ft Washington. We had about the same results...............Gary

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you are just above the Key Bridge. I was going to go there Saturday but the GW Parkway was backed up so I went to Ft Washington. We had about the same results...............Gary
Hey Gary. A couple of years ago I found a spot that makes no sense, but holds fish just about every time I check it out. No structure at all. I was motoring upstream to 3 sisters in the no wake zone and the Depth Finder lit up. I think it's because the River narrows there and almost always has an out going flow. It could possibly be a spring or underwater storm drain as well. I should have taken a picture of the depth finder. Too far left or right and no fish. Go figure.

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Hey Gary. A couple of years ago I found a spot that makes no sense, but holds fish just about every time I check it out. No structure at all. I was motoring upstream to 3 sisters in the no wake zone and the Depth Finder lit up. I think it's because the River narrows there and almost always has an out going flow. It could possibly be a spring or underwater storm drain as well. I should have taken a picture of the depth finder. Too far left or right and no fish. Go figure.
There is an 80 foot hole right there too..... Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts