1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I think the city of Hampton and other cities are awash in revenue with skyrocketing property taxes already. Each year they get more and more as my property assessment rises and rises. And they reassess each and every stinking year. I think enough is enough. I think the city of Hampton needs to responsibly spend the excess revenue they already collect rather than sit around council chambers figuring out how to get more money they don't need.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Glad I have an older boat and an older car. They hit me for $30 for my 92 Honda and then I get them to deduct for high milage(235,000) and I only pay $15 in VA Beach. My 92 Fountain I only payed $21K so hopefully they wont hit me to bad if Va Beach revives the tax. I look at it this way, I own the boat so Mama cant make me get rid of it now, if I was buying new now Mama would say no way if there is Personal Property Tax.

I think it would only be fair to tax people on their expensive golf clubs and golf cart to if they are going to slap our sport. All these politicians need to be locked up for lying about repealing taxes(car tax never even got there and they pulled it back). Give them to the folks that took care of Saddam!!!!!!!! Martin:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hampton condemed peoples homes, tore them down, and built Bass Pro a real nice building on the land. They give Bass Pro a tax break saying that it will all even out with the city sales tax and increased tourist spending. Well it hasn't!! Hampton hasn't been able to collect what is owned them from the Radison, the Holiday Inn Convention Center, the old Hornes, two parking garages, and the downtown post office building(Merritts?). Thay can't really be in that much of a need for tax money if they let all these businesses slide on their payments to the city. Hell, what would they do with the extra money anyway? NOT BUILD A SCHOOL, Hampton hasn't built a new school in OVER 30 YEARS!!!! Maybe they need to build Gander Mountain or Cabelas a new store.

·
Registered
672 Posts
One of the main reasons my boat is currently kept in Hampton is the absence of tax. If they reinstate it, I'll move my boat. With Hampton's exceedingly poor management/politicians, the last thing I want to give them are my hard earned dollars.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Push for reinstatement of boat tax comes from the Daily Press. They base their argument for boat tax on an Old Dominion U study that supposedly shows no economic benefit from no boat tax. DP seems to think all boat owners have multimillion dollar Ricky Scarborough sportfishers. Too bad their editors were not in the parking lot off Cape Henry this Fall. I only saw one boat worth more than $100,000 out of several hundred a few days before the New Year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts