Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be near hancock Md for the weekend and would like to try some trout fishing but have no idea where to go. I have a family function there saturday night but may get there Friday and leave Sunday. Has any one fished this area? any help is welcome, i have done some trout fishing before, never in this part of Md. Anyone know of a good stream or any access points would be very helpful. Is it hunting season i dont want to get shot at!!!
Thanks in advance
JimW

·
Registered
764 Posts
Jim,

If you are looking for MD trout waters your best bet would likely be around Hagerstown. Beaver Creek below the state trout hatchery is a spring creek that fishes well year round although the fish can be picky. You might also consider going further down stream to where Beaver Ck joins Antietam Ck - the Devil's Backbone area (a local park) is a stocked fishery but it holds a good number of trout through the fall.

Guy

·
Registered
330 Posts
I would head up to Yellow Creek outside of Breezewood, PA. There's a fly fishing only stretch that is absolutely gorgeous and much easier to fish than Beaver Creek. Yellow creek is a limestone creek and is one of the larger trout streams in the region. There are good numbers of wild brown and a few monster rainbows that wander upstream from the Spring Ridge property. The fish in either stream can be picky though, as they are well educated.

Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions

- Jeff

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys
I really thank you both for the replies but so far the weather has shut down any chance to fish. I will try tomorrow if the weather lets me.
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts