Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a Hand Held GPS to use on my boat. I only have a 17' boat but it is rigged for trolling! I want something what I will be able to have a chip for the bay so I can fish the edges. Any feed back on units would be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Lowrance H20 C is a real nice unit. Color and takes an add on chip like the Nauticpath, and the new Hot Spots Fishing Chip from bestgpsspots.com

Likely one of the best hand helds out there right now. Just an opinion..:cool2:

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I have a Garmin 276C and it's an awesome little unit that can double as a color fish finder or car navigation unit. You can add a bathy chip to it that gives you awesome bottom detail in the bay. Right now they are clearing out the 376C for a $100 less than the 276's, and you can add XM to these units for weather, radar or radio.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Forget the handheld. Get a Lowrance color LMS520, or any LMS5xx that is on sale. Good deals to be found on these as Lowrance is in the process of a model
change over to the "HDS" (more costly series). Add a chart card (Nauticpath or Navionics). Perfect for a 17' boat. They are ff/depth finders also.

·
Registered
140 Posts
if you get a lowrance, then get the H2O hand held as a back up, my two lowrance combo's crapped out in the first year and is no longer a longer combo, just an expensive bottom finder

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ray-Gar bottom finder

if you get a lowrance, then get the H2O hand held as a back up, my two lowrance combo's crapped out in the first year and is no longer a longer combo, just an expensive bottom finder
The new model, with broadband sonar, and detailed charts

The 2007 - 2008 models, look for some good deals

Sense we are into "bashing", before I switched to Lowrance, this one($1600 plus attachments)

Followed by this one (only $1000)

"crapped out" on me. Didn't think they would be heavy enough to use as an
anchor (or bottom finder?).

CJcobs2. I still have a Garmin. A gps 12 handheld. It's yours for
shipping ($10) if you want it. Just add batteries it works as good
as new.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Sense we are into "bashing", before I switched to Lowrance....
AMiller456,
At least he didn't use obscenities to call you a liar as he had done in the past when others had the audacity to question the superiority of Lowrance products on other boards

·
Registered
140 Posts
just trying to give some feedback with no agenda, someone around here must be affiliated with lowrance or else they just take negative remarks personally for some reason

·
Registered
11,081 Posts
I fish from shore(through the forrests)by kayak,river skiff & a Bay Boat.
the H20 Lowrance sounds like a unit that would be versatile for all the ways I fish.There's a H20
$169 & H20 C.$269.The C has 16 channels instead of 12 on the standard H20 & a clearer screen.I like the options of Ram Holders for the kayak & boats,12v cig.adapter instead of batteries on the boat.I'd also lke to get an ac/dc adapter to practice & map in the house.I didn't see one listed?Now,for you guys that own one.I'd likt to get a chip for the
Chesapeake Bay
& surrounding ground.What chip do you like & the best & company?BTW several dealers are presently sold out by popular demand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts