Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thanks for the report. Thats my kind of fishing. I'll be there in June for a week. That's impressive size for this time of year.:bigfish: :rockingreport:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
439 Posts
Someone else told me that yesterday.... was wondering if anyone else had caught some....thanks for the report

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yea Thanks for the report, I'll be there for a week in June as well and fishing in the Scorchy Tawles Tourny its an annual trip, its one of my favorite places to fish :thumbup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
good news.... it can take them a long time to make it north though. last year they came up and stopped south of the potomac, and didnt cross it until mid-may

·
Registered
883 Posts
Waterdawg; I'll be there June 4-9 at Janes Isl. Whats your time frame. George:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
I sure hope they come north also. If not I'm going to have to take a couple of days off from retirement and go to them.:yes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
George, I'll be there June18-24 and I will be at Janes Island as well, cant wait fish all day,clean fish and drink BEER all evening,keep me posted on where the big ones are !

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
That is welcome news, one of my kid's favorite fish (mine too). We only caught really small ones near the West River last year, had to motor down to the Pax for some decent size HH.

Dave

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
good news.... it can take them a long time to make it north though. last year they came up and stopped south of the potomac, and didnt cross it until mid-may
Very true... I don't know how much the big rocks have to do with this but, last year we were doing real well with Rock in the Lower Potomac and about the time they left(late) the HH showed up(late):confused:

The HH were in the RAPP long before they showed up in the Potomac.....

Tony

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support Tidal Fish
684 Posts
Friend of mine caught 7 yesterday in Tangier Sound all 17-20 inches. Sure were pretty fish.
Grounder, You're info is interesting, but more details would be appreciated.

I have friends who tell me lots of things. I take it you saw the fish.?

What bait, what tide, time of day, and depth. Also, had to be extreme lower tangier, right?

Thanks in advance for the More precise info. As a new subscriber, I'm sure you can understand the problem with "here-say' reports. Did you get a digital camera shot, or was it like we all sometimes do and you guys were talking and having fun in a bar and later your friend showed you some croaker in a cooler? Please, I am not being sarcastic, it is a sincere question - and important to all charter people. We rely on netters, and their reports are not completely consistent with the report of your " friend ".
Also, isn't your friend a tidal fish member?
If so, he/she should post the report.
Thanks for the followup,
Captrichie

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Captrichie

Hey these fish were still alive when I saw them, went with them and only caught 3 today as kinda cool and windy. There were in the North end of Tangier Sound near the mouth of the nanticoke river. Fish today were 15-16 inches. I gave an honest and truthful report just sort of a shame you have so much doubt.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support Tidal Fish
684 Posts
Dear Grounder

Sir:

I'm sorry if offended you. I did not mean too.

However, many people ( Not You!! ) may give reports a bit stretched by "Bud" or a "Scotch/Bourbon". It's OK, you are a FINE person and I do not intend to cast doubt on anything you say. I was just trying to get more information on what you were saying, as some men spend 600 bucks plus ++ to catch some Croaker this early.

Anyhow, I am your friend, believe it or not.

I criticize Julie Ball et.AL. in offshore VA all the time, yet I would tell you under oath that she is probably as good as they come!

In fishing reports, it is difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff. Even my friend Ken Lamb may exaggerate reports to the Washington papers to get people to come down. But Ken NEVER goes beyond the "stretch" as we say in story telling.

All fishermen are famous for their stories. So please don't be sensitive about me asking for more information.

Enjoy this great website. OK??!!

ight lines and may God send all the fish you desire you're way!!

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
I hope they invade E.B. this year like they did 3 - 4 years ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts