Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man , what a zoo. I'll never go again on a weekend. They were bussing them in from the Bass Pro store. You couldn't see the displays or talk to the outfitters. Moving from one hall to another was total gridlock and there were no deals to be found. Waste of time and money.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Absoltely agree. For whatever reason I enjoyed going up in years past.. I hated it this year.Ecspecially w/ no deals, why bother....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
It was a bit crowed yesterday. I still love getting the buffalo and elk jerky. I thought that African outfitters were quite reasonable. Come on 6 species for $3500 plus airfare. I think that going out west for an Elk would be more expensive. (Apache nation trophy elk was >$12K). Some of the South Dakota pheasant hunts for $2k seemed expensive for 3 days. If you ever want to go on a guided hunt, there is no other place that has that many outfitters in one place.

After freezing my rear end off in Iowa this season, I got measured for some Raven's wear. That stuff is the best, but expensive.

The trip from SoMD took 3+ hours and was 165 miles, still a nice drive with my son, we don't seem to spend that much time together anymore.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I had been pricing a big ticket item with a local retailer, who will remain nameless because I'm still trying to deal with them. I thought the "show" price might be enough to get me to "pull the trigger" Luckily, I got their booth number and gave them a call before driving up- the "show special" price was identical to the regular retail........... at least they didn't raise the price!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts