Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone has been out yet drowning some chicken necks trot lining yet this year looking for some reports I think im going try next weekend for my 1st trip of the year will post pics once I start rolling them in !

Dennis

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
FWIW: I go over the Rt. 50 bridge ( Severn ) - every year this time I see 1-2 crabbers but none so far this year.

No crab pots that I've seen on east edge along Kent Island - normally by now they are set in 45-60 feet.

Bay is 52-54* - still cold for crabs , I guess.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Saw a Comm working a trotline next to the 50 bridge in Vienna on Saturday morning. Don't know if he was doing any good but he was working it...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Been wondering the same thing. Hoping to have the boat ready in a few weeks. Even if its just a shake down cruise, im sure ill drop some traps. let us know how you do.

·
Registered
14,071 Posts
It was 35 degrees in Mt Airy this morning and not going to get past 60 this weekend. Might be a while............Gary

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Yes, Gary you are right-water is to damn cold right now. I'm not going to think about it until 3rd week of May, unless its get real hot and stays hot.......

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
Friend was out today ( Weds -29th ) near Deale and saw crab pots being set on west side in about 25 feet - so looks like someone is giving it a shot.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I got a dozen NC crabs on Sunday at Riverbay in Cape St' Clair for $15, they were all 5", but good for the first taste this year for me.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Yes, i think that is evans.....
friend was out today ( weds -29th ) near deale and saw crab pots being set on west side in about 25 feet - so looks like someone is giving it a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Looking at all my data back 5 years, its probably safe to try the last week of may. But i would use traps if you have em. I might go the 24th if not the 30th for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts