Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Last weekend took a pic of this fish floating down the river. I hate to see it, lets just hope it died of natural causes. This fish looked to be around 40-50lbs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i don't even fish for catfish much and i hate to see that.

my take is, if the fish is gonna die anyway, take it home.

regardless of type(species, maybe?), limits, size regs, etc.

find some use for it if you can't eat it.

i'd rather keep a dead short than throw it back in the water; i'll throw back a live "keeper" in return.

(arrest me, but i've done it before!)

but i really do hate to see dead fish floating around ...

·
Registered
887 Posts
There's plenty more out there of all different age classes. Probably too many. If you think about it, since they are not indigenous species, they do not really belong in VA waters. They do get big and pull hard but, they eat up a lot of forage species of fish and occupy space in the river that channel cats, white perch, rockfish and bass would have previously used. There is no turning back now though. -Kepone

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I think he just needed to be burped.

Don't think it is spawn related. If "spawning" killed the larger of species, Hugh would have already died....alone, at his computer![wink]

Kepone, you have real issues with anything non-native.

One thing for certain, StriperJoe had nothing to do with the death of that fish. It is way to big.[grin]

Peace and love to everyone. I am dreaming of a white Christmas!

Dayton

·
Registered
887 Posts
If you get down to it, most of us are non-natives to this country speaking in terms of European decent. But it is too late to turn that around I guess. You could look at it in the sense of being born in this area as opposed to moving here from another state. It is not too late to do something about that though. So lets get started. All yankees please stand up. [grin] -Kepone

·
Registered
39 Posts
I swear that is the same fish that was spit up by a blue I had beside the boat last wk. The fish broke my line though, it had to have been a new world record..............[excited]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts