Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Avon for Easter and was hoping to find some puppy drum inside the inlet somewhere. I have a capable boat for that area and would love to hunt some in shallower water. Can anyone offer up some tips?

Have trolling motor will travel stealthily. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Richard

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know that there has been some cought off the Point. Go to reddrumtackle.com and check out their fishing report. I'll be there at the point also. Surf fishing. If the weather is nice may go off shore. I'll be there until 4/17/06.
I use C.B. 17 on the beach as do the locals.
Freddie

·
Registered
198 Posts
Put your pants back on-The mystical shallow water drum thing starts later this summer. Its actually highly overrated here-tight fast moving school with outboards chasing like a swarm of bees. You wanna feel that 'I'm a cool flats guy feeling'? Tybee Island Georgia is where the boys around here go. Drum in theses sounds(obx) catch best in rough water in a spot for their favorite baits to gather for picking off. Sorry.

·
Registered
149 Posts
our shallow water drum fishing is hard to plan for--most of it is in the summer--in hot water. few if any tailing fish, mostly pushing and blind casting. They have have been absent around OI and northern Hatteras Island for the last few years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.