Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down to the outer banks this weekend and was hoping someone could suggest a charter that would cater to or partially cater to jigging offshore (tuna or bottom fish). has anyone had any experience with the charter fleets from these inlets?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
little clam

do yahoo search out of odens dock or call oden's dock

·
Registered
34 Posts
Capt. Andy Piland on the Good Times out of Hatteras Harbor hands down! Andy specializes in butterfly jigging. He has a whole arsenal of shimano jigging rids matched w/ penn torque reels. Awesome combos. I fish w/ Andy frequently and we have caught about everything on them except for a billfish, but it is a matter of time. We were 1 of 2 boats out yesterday (10/12) in some very rough conditions. Brought in 5 gaffers, on the troll and 4 AJ, jigging. Several bite offs while jigging. We did get a sail in the spread but could not get em to eat. If you do go with Andy, tell him Danny sent you.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Little Clam; Captain Patrick Caton THE BEST IN HATTERAS!!! Check out his web site over just this year; We have caught numerous BIG GROUPER both jigging and with bait up to 45lbs.252-218-8430

·
Registered
406 Posts
Another plug for Andy Piland on Good Times out of Hatteras Harbour... I spent some time talking to Andy on my way to Ocracoke at the end of the summer and was checking out all his new jiggin outfits... I'll be adding one of those combos to my collection soon... Most of the tuna they were catching on the jig were blackfin but more yellowfin should start showing up down there too as the fish migrate south...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help! we are looking to book the Little clam this firday hopefully if the weather holds out. main problem now is the crew is lacking. only have two and would like to have 3-4 more to chip in. anyone interested? this is all pending weather of course...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts