Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An annual trip is getting planned with my father and his buds....I've made the trip twice but it seems to me to be schedule in the transitional period....back side of good tuna fishing...beggining of billfish period... The two times I've been on the three trips they have made the only bills were a sail the first year and a white in the spread the second. Last year no bills..small yft, amberjack, and small gaffer dolphin.

The trip has been right around the first week of June....seeming like it may be in the doldrums....When is the best/prime time, of is this the best time to be fishing out of Hatteras for billfish....and tuna ?

The trip timing seems to be a week or two before the big-rock, which this year is June 9-16.

The goal is for bills.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Blue Marlin fishing off Hatteras is right good in May & June off Hatteras. White Marlins are a bit later. May & June also present some pretty good dolphin fishing (& not the chickens so prevalent in Summer).

Good luck, I'm hoping to have my boat at Village Marina from Mid May to Mid June.

Stu

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys !!

They're planning now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts