Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left teach's at 6 with Joe,Bill,Dave,Mike and I on the seacraft headed to the south rockpile. It produced non stop action for us all day. Started with the false albies had 12+, then the blackfin show up, end up with 6 fat ones in the box and a few pull offs, then a single yellowfin around 30lbs. After all that around 2 we decided to try jigging. Start pulling up amberjack, ended up with 3 or 4 and also a 15lb bluefish. While we were jigging Bill decides to drop down a whole ballyhoo on a circle hook and as soon as it hits the bottom he was hooked up with something HEAVY on a TLD 50. Thought it might be a big grouper at first but then it starts pulling drag like a mad 200lb bluefin, 45 minutes later he pulls up a 10-12ft. 250-300lb tiger shark. Decided to call it a day after that...... Chris
tally
12+ false albies
6 fat blackfin
1 yellowfin
3or4 AJ's
1 bluefish
1 10-12ft. tiger shark

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice work! I trailered down Saturday night to Nags Head and stayed at a friend's place. We were planning on driving down to Hatteras early AM. I kept waiting for the NE wind at Diamond shoals to let up and it never did. It blew 15kts till nearly 1PM. I never even put the boat in the water. It seems like every trip this year I have taken has been less than desirable conditions. I am ready for a nice day!

·
Registered
663 Posts
nice pullage and dinner - I hope to get out there myself in the coming weeks and hopefully the bluefin will stay around til then

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
you did better than most down there. Nice work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts