Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 years of pictures of this deer, he generally vanishes about the 3rd week in Sept. He will show back up on cameras sometime in January. I got a picture of him under my stand on my birthday last year, I guess I should have taken off. I really would like to see him on the 11th.
10 point.jpg

·
Registered
734 Posts
I thought feeders had to be removed befor the first of September? Nice lookiing buck, but I would remove the picture with the date stamp for your own protection. I hope you get him and post a picture of him as he is a wall hanger.

I found this on the web. I think it is total BS, but dont want you to get a visit from you know who. They read these boards too.
Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
Aug 27, 2013 - Richmond, VA - Effective September 1, it will be illegal to feed deer statewide in ... All feed must be removed from any deer feeding site prior to September 1st.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I did not even think you might be in a different state when I posted this so please don't take me posting this wrong. Just trying to look out for you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a problem, I am in MD and we can bait all season for now. He will stay in the park when the acorns start falling, just hope he will chase a doe out in Nov. We hunt a cattle farm with development on 3 sides and just a little woods and no food. We put up feeders to keep the does coming are way all season and you can always shoot your does off of them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Not a problem, I am in MD and we can bait all season for now. He will stay in the park when the acorns start falling, just hope he will chase a doe out in Nov. We hunt a cattle farm with development on 3 sides and just a little woods and no food. We put up feeders to keep the does coming are way all season and you can always shoot your does off of them.
Given the 3 year pattern you mentioned it sounds like you have about a zero percent chance on this guy (see QDMA article below). Always a chance he may stray out of his Oct/Nov/Dec range for a week or so during the rut but from the sounds of it he probably has a different range for those months he strictly sticks to. Good luck... would love to see a close up on him.

https://www.qdma.com/articles/gps-reveals-early-season-buck-movement-patterns

·
Registered
856 Posts
That is a real nice deer and looks to be a high score if you keep up with that,none the less dont give up on him.Just got to be at the the right place at the right time.Good luck.That deer is worth spending some money on if you get him.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another picture from my last pull, he is showing up every few days about 7 pm. I hope he keeps coming for another couple of weeks. Last year I got a picture of him in bright daylight on the 23rd.
8-29-15big10.jpg

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hunted tonight looking for the big 10 point, saw 5 bucks and some does, one nice 8 point but no big 10. The deer are on the white oaks big time and not as hard on the corn.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Work is killing me, have only been out 3 times, passed a pile of deer but the big 10 has left the building. I have not got a picture of him since the middle of the first week. I hope to see him during the rut.

·
Registered
13,984 Posts
Work is killing me, have only been out 3 times, passed a pile of deer but the big 10 has left the building. I have not got a picture of him since the middle of the first week. I hope to see him during the rut.
Good luck Monty....................Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts