Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have seen these ducks on the bay or could give some sort of report on sitings, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
699 Posts
more of a puddlle duck guy myself

but would like to get into some seaducking as it seems the access is WAY more available. Not great at identifying them but there were a PILE of sea ducks in the mouth of the Rapp a couple three weeks ago. Some I recognized as bluebills and there were some golden eye and bufflehead too, but I think there were quite a few of those in your pics too. What are those eiders, old squaw? Never bagged any of those....

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
There was a ton of them under the Lynnhaven Inlet bridge couple days ago...

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
They're there... TON @ 9' shoal, TON on the IMG, TON just inside of Lattimer, TON off Fisherman's Island. Might take some riding around, but you'll find'em.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I will be shooting them tomorrow from my buddy's 22 ft cuddy cabin. Been talkin to DGIF all week and I don't even need a blind license on the boat! Just my license, separation from bridges, blinds, and roads, and whatever else, steel shot, and good aim. Shoot them while I'm waitin for that 78 lb rock to hit my little eel! BYYYYAHHHHHH!!!

i'm excited.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I will be shooting them tomorrow from my buddy's 22 ft cuddy cabin. Been talkin to DGIF all week and I don't even need a blind license on the boat! Just my license, separation from bridges, blinds, and roads, and whatever else, steel shot, and good aim. Shoot them while I'm waitin for that 78 lb rock to hit my little eel! BYYYYAHHHHHH!!!

i'm excited.
Just make sure you are 800 yards from shore or any emergent vegatation at you are cool with the sea ducks. Aslo, no hunting within 1000 yards of a bridge.

Dave

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just make sure you are 800 yards from shore or any emergent vegatation at you are cool with the sea ducks. Aslo, no hunting within 1000 yards of a bridge.

Dave[/QUOTE]

From what i understand from the DGIF, its 500yds from the bridge. And you can be closer than 800yds, but you can only kill your usual duck limit of 5 instead of 7, which is the over 800yd limit.

Thanks for the help guys

Oh and those arent my deekes.. I just was looking for an accurate picture that people would recognize.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts