Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to all of you that knew Partner my chocolate lab I had to have him put down today after 14 years it was the toughest thing I have ever had to do. he was the greatest hunter and those who hunted with him knew that and most of all he was my very best friend.

RIP Partner :bigangel:

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Todd I really feel for your loss. I'm sure that Partner was your best friend and will never be able to be replaced with another like him. I've had to do it a few times and still think about the good times we had together. I've now have a 6 yr. old black lab (Skippy) that's my best friend. I know the day will come sooner or latter but while I've got him he's my bud. Just remember all the good times you and Partner had together. Those memories are forever.

You won't want to hear this but now's the time to get your boys their own dog. He'll never be another Partner but there's a lab pup out there waiting for you guys.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nick I am on it already there will be no replacment for partner he was the best a great hunter that only a few here know but I am greiving very hard and need his love and I have had it for years but my house is not a home with out him tonight or for along time coming

thank you
RIP Partner my friend :bigangel:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Sorry for your loss Tod. While I rag on buddy and mazy I know the house would not be the same with out them.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Todd-
I am so sorry for your loss brother. I will never forget the great times we had out in the marsh. For those that didnt know Partner, he was an incredible companion. He never needed a command in the marsh. As a shot bird fell he was already in the air out of the boat on a retreive. He loved the hunt, and would scramble though the fragmites until his eyes and ears would bleed searching for a crippled duck or goose. We would sometimes be in the boat BS-ing and he would spot a bird in the air and would get our attention as to say, "Guys- get your sh!t together and shoot this bird... we're hunting here- remember?!" He was a great hunter not to mention a wonderful part of the family at home and will never be forgotten. It's such a shame these great companions of ours do not live as long as us. He was second to none and will always hold a place in my heart. Like you said Todd he's in a better place now. He lived a great life. RIP Partner.
Tom

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
sorry to hear Todd, I know how much you loved him. He's running free now with all our lost k9 friends, No they can't be replaced that is what makes them so special, everyone is an individual

·
Registered
564 Posts
Partner

Sorry to hear that Todd I know the feeling to loose a good friend and hunting partner.
Leon:bigangel:

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Todd,
our hearts go out to you & your family.
it is, indeed, one of the hardest things to do but it was the best thing to do at this point.
:bigangel:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts