Tidal Fish Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Are catfish in the Susquehanna and elk on the consumption advisory? I never kept any because I thought they were. If I am wrong may keep a couple. The catfish fishery in the upper bay is awesome for kids and people looking to catch fish. I fish a lot of fresh and salt and besides sea bass has to be one of the more consistent year long fisheries in north East

·
Registered
335 Posts
Trophy,
The last time I looked there was an advisory on eating Channel Cats out of the Susquehanna but nothing on the blues or flatheads. I guess it would be contradictory if they tell us to keep and eat all the invasives then give us a consumption advisory about them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
JIT.... Yup... That was me in the "Wife Season". Ironically... went with a bud as it was a little chilly for the wife (Skipper of her boat). Wave hi next time!

TCS
Yes, I thought that was you. I will defiantly way hi next time. Hopefully next weekend. Nice looking boat btw...

SteveF, Good enough of an answer for me. Best of luck on the Croakers. I personally think they’re one of the hardest fighting fish out there.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
For those of us who think the advisory about overeating seafood is just hooey, I have to share a story about a fishing buddy in FL. Just returned on 4/1 from FL and before I left, we talked as he had just returned from a Dr appt and some blood work. He had been forewarned as a result of a previous blood test but the recent bloodwork showed his Mercury levels off the board. Bordering on potential serious neurological damage. He eats a lot of sheepshead and gag grouper that he shoots just about daily. He's a former Navy Submariner, rescue swimmer, body builder and free diver who's a hunter/gatherer, very conscious about his diet and now very concerned about his overall health. Last text message I got from him was- "I guess I'm going to have to alter my diet or consider blood chelation to get rid of the mercury." Pretty concerned to say the least.. Most of his fish are taken from the lower west side of Tampa Bay.

·
Registered
13,946 Posts
For those of us who think the advisory about overeating seafood is just hooey, I have to share a story about a fishing buddy in FL. Just returned on 4/1 from FL and before I left, we talked as he had just returned from a Dr appt and some blood work. He had been forewarned as a result of a previous blood test but the recent bloodwork showed his Mercury levels off the board. Bordering on potential serious neurological damage. He eats a lot of sheepshead and gag grouper that he shoots just about daily. He's a former Navy Submariner, rescue swimmer, body builder and free diver who's a hunter/gatherer, very conscious about his diet and now very concerned about his overall health. Last text message I got from him was- "I guess I'm going to have to alter my diet or consider blood chelation to get rid of the mercury." Pretty concerned to say the least.. Most of his fish are taken from the lower west side of Tampa Bay.

I eat a lot of fish. I recently had a blood test and the doctor told me the iron in my blood has turned to lead in my ass!🤣🤣.... Gary

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I guess that happens to all of us when we get older.
Except for my replacement in SE Asia. Took a sniper round second day in country in the buttocks and they refused to operate to take it out. I guess he went the total tour with with his boss telling him to get the lead out.😄

·
Registered
149 Posts
I eat a lot of fish. I recently had a blood test and the doctor told me the iron in my blood has turned to lead in my ass!🤣🤣.... Gary
Last time I saw my doctor he said I can only give you one year to live. I replied, I can’t do all the things I wanted to do in a year. He replied. Ok, then I will give you two….

21 - 30 of 30 Posts