Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a phone call earlier today asking if I wanted to go to Hawaii for 10 days. The price was right, work has slowed down some, so why the heck not!? We are leaving November 9 and coming home the 19th. Give me some tips and pointers on what to do and what not to do while Im down there. Im 22yrs. old and single, so any local hot spots will be more than welcome as well as guides or charters to take out. Thanks in advance guys!

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
526 Posts
here you go brudda here is the best charter in the hawaii there on the north shore Hawaii Fishing, Oahu Sportfishing, North Shore Fishing Charters is the website for the "Foxy Lady" a solid 42ft uniflite kept in impeccable condition. they use live bait and operate out of haleiwa. as far as prices go they are in the middle of what you would find on the island but they are highliners and will put you dead center on the fish.you will also be allowed to take home 50 lbs of fish at the end of your day. the only bad thing that can be said is that the north shore tends to have rougher weather then the south shore.in addition i think they can also hook you up with a vacation rental on the beach on the north shore if you inquire. plus just up on the shoreline parkway is a resturant that will cook your catch ask the crew, also for partying places they change from week to week on the tourist flow the best thing to do is not look like a tourist, find a few native samoans, tongans, or hawaiins and stick with them just stay away from the ice and have fun.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I fished the " Magic" out of there a couple of years ago, went as a walk-on and had a great time, caught lots of fish. just expect( dont be surprised) to kill billfish if you happen across any (they do eat them and send them to market). They will give you a small bag of fish to eat as well, not like east coast where you keep most of your meat. Do it and you will have a great time guaranteed whether you catch fish or not. I really didnt care, just great being out on the ocean over there. Nice dropping the spread as soon as you clear the inlet too,lol. Magic sportfishing fleet is only 10 minutes south of the strip in Waikiki.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Do the 3 "F's" Ben

FISH

F_ _ K

AND GET F_ _ _ED UP! :D:clap::clap:

Heard they grow some mighty fine grass there:D

Just kidding Ben have a good time bro and can't wait to see the pics! Any of the No Mercy crew going?

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Ever tell ya that my daughter~ Megan lives over there ? Yep she is 22 also, married to a surf bum of you can get her away from him, plus she has 100's of hot single babe girlfriends in their early 20's too.....she may be out on tour right now~with a new sponsor who knows, I cant keep up with these kids anymore. Hit her up on google for her website~ Megan Abubo

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Megan Abubo your daughter....nice try Jamie. :D

Always ask for the "Kamaaina" discount. Anything you do there is a rate for the tourist...full price....and there is a rate for the locals called Kamaaina discount. It's their way of trying to get the residents to do touristy stuff. Sometimes they want to see a Hawaii drivers license but you might pass for a local, just start talking with a Hawaiin dialect. :pp

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the great info so far guys.

Billy,
Man, Couple years ago and I could have accomplished the 3 F's. just dont think I can right now. But I am fairly sure I can get 2 of em done! Im actually going down there with my sister and her 2 babies. She has a friend who lives there so we will be staying with her.

Jamie,
You sly dog! You had my heart rate going up a little bit! But...if she is your daughter, tell her Im coming down to bring her home to you ;)

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
134 Posts
Diamond Head Divers

Look them up, they will take you on an "introductory" dive (20-25' of water) if you are not a PADI certified diver already. If you are, there are many, many excellent dive sites right off of Waikiki, sunken freighters, even a WW II US Coursair. The best dives are at the limit (110-120' of water) for a certified recreational diver:yes:.You will see sea turtles, moray eels and lots of fish. Also do not miss Hanama Bay on the lower east coast of Oahu, you can rent snorkel gear right from the beach, but NO smoking there, it is a state park, many tropical fish all in water 5' deep. All the replies including mine are assuming you will be staying on Oahu. Keep going east and follow the coast around to the "Blow Hole", pretty cool see the waves shoot water up 30' in the air through the hole in the cured lava rock. Diamond head, nuff said. Moose MacGilicuties is still open I think, but watch out for the Mahoo's (DUDES dressed like chicks:eek2::eek2::nono:). I heard that the Irish Rose is now closed-Damn Shame-that was my personal favorite. Sugar Bar in Haleiwa is definately worth finding, it is a LONG way from the typical tourist bar. Stop on the windward side north of China Mans Hat if you see the Shrimp Shack (Box Van) on the side of the raod for the BEST Hawaiin Tiger Prawn shrimp and rice on the island. Get dinner and drinks at Duke's Restaurant in Waikiki, its right on the beach east of the pink hotel, great atmosphere with all the eye candy you need:yes:. Oh if you rent a jeep make sure that they didn't disconect the 4 wheel drive if you want to off road on the eastern shore or North Shore Kaena Point, I humbly speak from experience:helpsmilie:. The local are good peolpe just respect the fact that they were there first. One more thing--towards the west shore there is Paradise Lagoon Lua, they will pull the pig out of the in-ground fire pit and serve you THE best pulled pork. Have fun and be safe!!! We are waiting for your post with pictures upon your return!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
almost forgot go to cocoas i think there by pearl harbor main gait, if i remember, best fing curry in the world oh if you know anyone who can get you on base they let you rent boats for like 50 bucs a day oh ya mahallo means thankyou

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are interested in ink go to North Shore Tattoo and talk to Rik. He is probably the best on the island for local art and tell him Davin sent you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Diamond Head Divers Part II

"Yeah what jmprice says but he means Luau not Lua (bathroom) LOL! There's great shaved ice in Haleiwa as well."

Mahalo Al, I wish I would use spell check more often, not sure if it would work with Hawaiin words though.

The boat captain for Diamond Head Divers name is Kareem, tell him Jon and Marty said thanks for the great dives. He will also film your dive for a small extra fee. I also second the Kamaaina suggestion.

Stop in at Jack in the Box for me! and don't spend Too much $ at Rock Za, the girls in there will bleed you dry!!

:cool:don't forget the sunscreen - burnt the first day = less fun the next 9 days.:yes:

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you would like to fish for some monster sharks from the shore, I have a spot at the mouth of Pearl Harbor. We have caught them up to 400 lbs and have had several on we could not turn around. We drink beer and have a great time. Going tomorrow as a matter of fact. Be glad to take you with us. Let me know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts