Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to Kiptopeake on Monday. I plan to spend two nights at the state park and I am pulling the Bay Boat down there.

I am keeping my fishing plans pretty open but curious as to whether or not the Spanish and Blues are in the lower bay yet.

I am having trouble finding reports. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am hoping to put my 12 year old nephew on some salt water species he hasn’t caught yet.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am heading to Kiptopeake on Monday. I plan to spend two nights at the state park and I am pulling the Bay Boat down there.

I am keeping my fishing plans pretty open but curious as to whether or not the Spanish and Blues are in the lower bay yet.

I am having trouble finding reports. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am hoping to put my 12 year old nephew on some salt water species he hasn’t caught yet.

I haven't been this yr but there should be plenty of cobia and spadefish around the island. Pleae post a report headed down on Sunday curious about apadefish myself

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weather was iffy because of the wind. I ended up doing most of my fishing between the concrete ships and Fisherman’s island bridge.

first day there were a lot of dinks caught by the ships. Maybe 50 or more between my brother, my nephew, and myself.

second day started really windy so we went to fisherman’s island. Tide was wrong at first but we caught tons of undersized sea trout, croaker, and even a ribbon fish on gulp. When the tide changed the flounder bite came on. Two flounder were 22” and one 18” were kept. Several other medium sized flounder were returned to the sea.

all in all, we caught over 10 species of fish, most smaller, but the flounder didn’t disappoint.

a work of caution, the roads in Hampton are horrible. They were so bumpy and I ended up blowing a hub. I had checked the hubs right before this happened and they were running cool. Somehow the bumps caused the castle nut to come loose. I am lucky I caught it and got off the road because when I jacked up the trailer the tire and rim fell off attached to the hub.

there is a new shoal by fisherman’s island bridge. I found it by running aground. You have to stay on the Bay side of the bridge to get close to fisherman’s island.

it was a good trip but there were some crazy moments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts