Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that businesses, generally in the Republican camp, are seeing the light and are beginning to share in pushing forward a health care reform bill, generally the goal of Democrats.

Time Magazine
Most important, the cost of health insurance to both the employers who provide it and the employees who pay premiums has continued to soar. Because of that, companies of all sizes — from corporate behemoths to corner stores — have switched sides on the issue of comprehensive reform. Having fought to defeat Clinton's plan in 1993, they are now some of reform's loudest advocates. "This is the No. 1 priority for small businesses," says Todd Stottlemyer, president of the National Federation of Independent Business. "We see it as a matter of national economic security."

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
O'Bama wants to streamline the system... reducing costs which will be passed on to the paying customer.

Tell me just 1 thing the government got involved with, streamlined and reduced prices... and provided a product the same or better as a result.

Just 1.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
The MOONBAT has plenty of them!

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sluggo there were many during WWII. Bolder dam came in under cost and ahead of time....its early but there are more.
I believe that Obama is faced with a health care crisis. Look at the rising cost of drugs driven by enormous advertising dollars..."Ask your Dr. about......." floods the TV. My Dr. says those ads drive her nuts as every hypocondriac runs in pushed by symptoms they saw on TV.
If asked the pharmaceutical companies say its "R & D" which drives up their costs and that i is BS as much R&D is carried on overseas on people desperate for a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Hoover dam was built to put destitute thousands to work during the depression in horrible conditions. Hardly a government success story or model to be followed.

Care to try again?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe it to be a governmet success story...putting people to work to improve the economy. CCC same thing in fact much of the New Deal, while not totally solving the crisis, did contribute toward improvement. WWII and the jobs it created finally fixed the economy.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
So was the Chinese olympics and Obama loved it even though the project and infrastructure was one city in a starving country built with slave labor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts