Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for hearing protection products designed for hunting.

I've seen the Walker's game ear and Power muffs, that have built in sound amplifiers, while still offering loud noise compression. Seems like this would be difficult to accomplish, but I'm open minded.

I'd like to hear how you feel about these products if any of you have used any of them. Feel free to bmail me.

HOOK1

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Eliminate the problem. Add some string silencers, limbsavers and maybe shoot a heavier arrow to absorb more of the energy!!![grin]

Dayton

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've already lost alot of my high frequency hearing. Once its gone, it don't come back. Take it from me, worry about it now so you won't have to worry about it later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree, i have friends and family that kidded me about the whole muzzle blast thing and then we all got our hearing checked. They were really surprised and a little taken back at how much they couldn't hear anymore. they have been hunting for years and thought there was never a problem. I always try to cover my one open ear with an ear plug if time and movement is available. I haven't tried the Walkers yet but would like to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts