Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to clog up the message board w/ SRRKC threads, but I wanted to acknowledge something that went way "above and beyond."

Many of the SRRKC-ers knew that my dad passed away last month unexpectedly while I was fishing at the CBBT. Tonight when I came to the gathering Big E presented me with a letter from the President of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation stating:

"Dear Mr. Freed,

The Chesapeake Bay Foundation has received a gift in the memory of your father, Donald E. Freed, from the members of the Severn River Rod & Keg Club. This support means so much to all of us here at CBF. Your friends have been very generous. I hope you know just how much we appreciate being chosen as the recipient of this gift."

Guys, I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness. For being a bunch of fishin' guys who met on a website you really have shown the true meaning of friend. For that I will be forever grateful.

Thanks, guys... That was really nice.

Hoy-Hoy,
Larry

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Sorry about your father.Bad part of growing up -I guess.Very nice of the club to link your dad and helping the bay.Good friends you got there-they'll knock your fish off the line with the net but help you out when you're hurting.:) Skip

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I had not heard that either, Larry. My prayers are with you and your family. I lost my Dad about a year ago, too. It's not an easy thing - I miss him every day.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, too. What a heart-warming story; thanks for sharing it. I think that we all knew the SRRKC is made up of really good people, but what Evans and others did really illustrates that beyond words.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts