Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama's new Sr. Advisor is no unqualified political appointee.... Valarie Jarrett
Jarrett was born in Shiraz, Iran, where her father, Dr. James Bowman, ran a hospital for children as part of a program that sent American doctors and agricultural experts to developing countries to help jump-start their health and farming efforts. At age 5, the family moved to London for one year, then returned to Chicago in 1963. Her father, who is of African American descent, is a pathologist and geneticist. He is currently Professor Emeritus in Pathology and Medicine, University of Chicago.[3][4] Her great-grandfather was the first African-American to graduate from M.I.T., her grandfather was Robert Taylor the first black man to head the Chicago Housing Authority, and her father, Dr. James Bowman, was the first black resident at St. Luke's Hospital. Her mother, Barbara T. Bowman, is an African-American early childhood education expert and co-founder of the Erikson Institute for child development.[5][6]

She graduated from Northfield Mount Hermon, a New England boarding school, in 1974. She also received a B.A. in Psychology from Stanford University in 1978, and a Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Michigan Law School in 1981.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
She graduated from Northfield Mount Hermon, a New England boarding school, in 1974. She also received a B.A. in Psychology from Stanford University in 1978, and a Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Michigan Law School in 1981.
This makes her a heavy hitter how?

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
What exactly does lineage have to do with qualifications? Wow and I thought Bush made bad personnel decidions.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
This makes her a heavy hitter how?
Could you get into Stanford and Michigan law? I couldn't. Nor could 99.9% of folks. I'm not sure what heavy hitter means, but she does seem to be well educated with some interesting life expereince. I know nothing else about her, though, such as what she has done between '81 and the camapign.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Could you get into Stanford and Michigan law? I couldn't. Nor could 99.9% of folks. I'm not sure what heavy hitter means, but she does seem to be well educated with some interesting life expereince. I know nothing else about her, though, such as what she has done between '81 and the camapign.
Hell I'm lucky to be let into the local landfill....:D

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
My x is a lawyer,whom after helping her study for the bar exam,refused
to let me take the test with her,she knew I would pass.
She failed.
I wish I had taken the test,you don't have to go to law school to take the
test,all you have to do is pass.
Her second time around,she was mad because I was not as enthusiastic
with her studies,I'm sorry,but Desert Storm started and we were so slammed
at work,I couldn't remember what a Hapius Corpus was.
She passed the second time,probably would have passed the first time had
she not stayed up drinking until she passed out,and slept through most
of the test the next day.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
manfromva...according to the FBI list of most dangerous cities Detroit = #1 with Baltimore = #2. The Windy City = #16.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
My x is a lawyer,whom after helping her study for the bar exam,refused
to let me take the test with her,she knew I would pass.
She failed.
I wish I had taken the test,you don't have to go to law school to take the
test,all you have to do is pass.
Her second time around,she was mad because I was not as enthusiastic
with her studies,I'm sorry,but Desert Storm started and we were so slammed
at work,I couldn't remember what a Hapius Corpus was.
She passed the second time,probably would have passed the first time had
she not stayed up drinking until she passed out,and slept through most
of the test the next day.
And that my friends is why this is called the BS board.:D

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Ah, come on...anyone can pass. The only ones who fail are the ones who refuse the help non-law grads to prepare for the exam, or pass out during the test.:D And you don't need to have a law degree from an ABA-accredited school to take the exam in most states.;-) Just sign-up, pay the fee, go through the background check and you're there.....try it!

P.S.: Did your ex pass out on both days of the exam, or just the first one?

P.P.S.: I didn't have a spouse help me with the exam, and am paying for that poor decision right now. Rude, can you please help me apply the rule against perpetuities in MD? Oh, and I need a quick refresher on the Learned Hand theory of forseeablility. No need to b-mail...just post it here.:))

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Not at all...I need the advice. And quick....no time to Google, Rude! Just type it out now.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
She slept the first day,I admit there was no way in hell
I could pass the essay questions,but with the study material
she had for the test and as much research I did,I was
better prepared for the multiple choice questions.

That was about fifteen years ago.
"Rude, can you please help me apply the rule against perpetuities in MD?"

WTF are you talking about??????? :eek:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Etouffe who cares if her father was African American. If the lady is qualified to do the job than that's great but I do not see what her race has to do with it. Why must you constantly harp on the color of a persons skin. If you can do the job I don't care if you are poka dotted.I get sick of hearing that ****. If a black quater back in the NFL does something great instead of looking at what he does they bring up his skin color.Why don't you leave the skin color out of your post and just put in what the folks do.
It is great the color barrier has been broken now for pres. of these united states but now lets see what Mr. Obama can do. If he does great it has nothing to do with the color of his skin it has to do with him. If he fails it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
"Learned Hand theory of forseeablility."

I have no idea what you forsee doing with your hand. :eek2:

:D
I foresee using it to type this response.:pp

Most lawyers cannot explain the Rule Against Perpetuities (not sure I even spelled that correctly). I proudly count myself as one of those. It's usually one multiple choice question out of 200, so most folks guess and move on (statistically, the answer is most likely "B").

Learned Hand was a judge who wrote a famous opinion about whether a train company, which tossed a passenger off of a train, should have foreseen that the passenger was carrying a set of fireworks in his briefcase, which went off when he was tossed out, causing one firework to hit some heavy metal scales that then fell and injured dear old Mrs. Paulsgraf. Or something like that.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I know a president that went to Yale.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Etouffe who cares if her father was African American. If the lady is qualified to do the job than that's great but I do not see what her race has to do with it. Why must you constantly harp on the color of a persons skin. If you can do the job I don't care if you are poka dotted.I get sick of hearing that ****. If a black quater back in the NFL does something great instead of looking at what he does they bring up his skin color.Why don't you leave the skin color out of your post and just put in what the folks do.
It is great the color barrier has been broken now for pres. of these united states but now lets see what Mr. Obama can do. If he does great it has nothing to do with the color of his skin it has to do with him. If he fails it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.
It was a cut and paste I did not originate the material. Please show where I harp on the color of a persons skin.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts