Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debated making the long trailer to PLO but decided to stay closer to home. Friend's band was playing at 8 pm so that made it tough to go all the way to PLO.

Got to Sandy Point at 8:30 am - only about 15 trailers there. Guess opening of deer season took many guys out of fishing. Could not ask for better day - 55* and light winds. Fellow TFer REM 1224 ( Ralph ) met me and had bad news. He could not find any bloodworms - our plan was to run SE to a favorite late fall Perch hole.

Neither of us had been out recently so we discussed where to go. Ran due east - idea to check out the eastern rockpile. Only few boats working it - surprised with it being a nice Saturday. We had a nice steady bite on " metal " - Sting silvers in various colors from Marty's. These have a single feather hook - I mash it down due to large number of under 20 inch fish being caught.

Bottom lure is what they look like after a day of fishing.
The fish were in 4-5 areas and each boat drifted over them. Ralph got a nice 10 inch Perch - tossed it in cooler for my Black Lab Ruckus. Current was outgoing and we fished until it slowed. Just like a switch being thrown - bite dropped off. Did manage one nice 23 inch keeper out of a mess of under size ones.

We went to look around a piling with side scan where a friend recently hung an anchor. Nothing jumped out as a possible hang but we did locate a very interesting object a few pilings away from it. Water temp. is 53* - below what I like to go diving in - so it will have to wait until spring. Water is really clear - just too cold for my gear. Dove this time of year before and learned my lesson - brrrrrr.

Got back before the 4:45 cut off - Christmas light display requires boaters to be out by that time. Had a fun , easy day of fishing - sometimes they are the best ones. Finished off the night with more heavy metal - this time from the band.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Bummer about the bloodworms, but you made the best of it, and had a great day to do it.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
WTG Skip and Ralph. My kind of fishing. Sucks that SPSP requires boaters to be out that early.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What do they do if I get back to the ramp late? I have the annual pass with 24/7, 365 access?
Make you pay for the Lights on the Bay to leave the park?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
What do they do if I get back to the ramp late? I have the annual pass with 24/7, 365 access?
Make you pay for the Lights on the Bay to leave the park?
You get a stern talking to from the DNR officers for being late.
If cars are coming in to look at the lights - the route is one-way right in front of the boat ramps, so it's impossible to back your trailer in without stopping traffic and pissing everyone off.
All roads are one-way, so you have to drive your truck and trailer through the light show (which is tight in places)
You don't want to be late.

Ralph M.
Wish-A-Fish Annapolis
SRRKC

·
Registered
502 Posts
That ESRP bite is always a fun time this time of yr. with this year's limit, a lot more work to get a keeper...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts