Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post.
I stumbled on this site earlier.
I spent some time reading past threads/post and it was nice to see some chatter about Elizabeth City area and the Pasquotank River.
I am from EC & fish the river several days a week.

I guess I can start out with a fishing report from last week:

Day One-Fished the PR light, ran to the bombing range, & mouth of the little river and caught nothing. Came back to town and caught our limit behind the shipyard.

Day Two-Trolling the stretch between 5A & 5 and as we where putting the lines out, the fish were hitting the baits. Maxed out in less than an hour.
:bigfish:

Been stuck on land these past few days with the wind and cold temps, hope to get out some this weekend & over the holidays.

CUout there:fishing2:

·
Registered
915 Posts
welcome to the forums and don't be shy about posting,we need all the help we can get.:D

thanks for the report,sounds like you did allright.

I haven't been fishing in a month but I'm a slacker this year,some of the other guys have done pretty good till this cold snap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey sehgull, I live right across from the 5A and fish out there all the time. Havent heard of anyone catching anything this way in a few weeks. What were you pulling? Trolling I imagine? Hope to see you out there. Carolina blue Sea Pro CC.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I fish the river alot myself. went once last week, nada. when you say behind the shipyard are you reffering to the boatworks? what are you using ? i was doing pretty good with pearl storms a few weeks back. I here the sound bridge is the place right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smithwick is what I'm pulling blue top / orange bottom.

The Pelican is out of them as of last week.
Jerry may have some?

Or you can always go here…..

Smithwick Lures

When I said behind the shipyard, I meant parallel to Riverside Ave. between the brown boat house (Dr. Redding's) and Waterfront Park.

It is real cold tonight; don't know how that will effect the weekend fishing.
If I go, (which at some point I will), I will let yall know what's up.

cya

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got in from a late afternoon excursion.

Sad to say but all I have to report is a

Water temp in the PR is 44 degrees.
Is that to cold?

Anyway, saw an awesome sunset, not a bad segue to a short work week.:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just got in from a late afternoon excursion.

Sad to say but all I have to report is a

Water temp in the PR is 44 degrees.
Is that to cold?

Anyway, saw an awesome sunset, not a bad segue to a short work week.:clap::clap::clap:
hopefully things will get better both weather wise and catching wise.

thanks for the report.

·
Registered
631 Posts
fished yesterday at the waterfront, caught 1 small one. i was on top of a school but they wouldnt feed. went to the hot ditch today caught 26 specks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, Ive heard..... but have not seen.
Fished the last two days, for the last hour of sunset in the Chantilly "boot".
And I have not marked/caught anything.
Water temp is up 3 degrees (47)?
Is it over?

·
Registered
70 Posts
We trolled and cast Rat'l Traps on Friday near Chantilly and around 5-5A with no luck. We then went up the river and marked a bunch of fish between Knobbs Creek and the Pecan Farm.

I saw someone hook up with something in the stumps near the pecan farm, but couldn't tell what it was from a distance. We drifted and cast but I only had one hit on a mullet Husky Jerk, but nothing else. The fish finder sounded like a heart monitor the whole time.

We did see someone near Knobbs Creek with a FAT fish :bigfish: when we were headed in.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i was marking a lot of fish up there 2, i think the yellow perch are moving in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the report, Hope sunday looks good may try to get out as well. When you troll in how far back are you running your lures, heard that the eel umbrella rigs have been effective. I have not had much luck since striper season has opened.

I don't know how long you have been down here, but this is a great board especially if you drag up to Virginia, another site that has some good info is Striper247, they have an Albemarle thread where some other local guys are posting.

Bill W

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm running about 75-100 feet back. But then again, I'm fairly new to boat fishing and trying to figure it all out.:helpsmilie:

My Dad and a friend went up the river yesterday almost to Possum Quarter and caught 20+ inch Jack Pike, small Rock and small Largemouth on RatlTraps and Smithwicks. Largest rock was about 15 inches. All fish were caught between COA and the old shipyard.

My Dad's comment last night was "When you get a Pike with three treble hooks in his mouth, you've got a mess!":eek2:

Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts