Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2006 Parker 2320 with F225 Yamaha O/B.

Engine runs great except for a vibration that is noticable in the cabin at cruise and under load. Idles smooth and quiet.

I pulled the plugs thinking one might be breaking down. Found one a little sooty and replaced. No improvement.

The engine only has 118 hours on it. Been sitting for a while.

Four stoke motors are new for me. I think it should be much smoother.

Planning a trip to CBBT after Christmas. Want to make sure this thing is in tip top shape.

Should this engine be smooth as silk through the entire operating range?

Thanks -

·
Registered
993 Posts
An engine I worked on ('03 F225) had similar issues at around 3800 RPM's. Yamaha diagnostics showed no codes or issues so I figured it was a fuel related issue. I treated the engine with Startron by putting about five ounces directly into the water separator. I idles it for about ten minutes and then ran it hard. It cleared the problem and according to the owner ( PawPaw on THT), it ran like a cat with it's AZZ on fire. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it's engine related. Not a vibration like a missing cylinder. The performance is good.

Been reading a lot of post regarding prop vibration. Think I'll have the prop checked out.

It's not that severe - I think most people would probably not notice it (or live with it).

Going to hang a dial indicator off the lower unit and check shaft run-out also.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sounds like an out of balance prop on the vibration issue,as for the sooty plug that is a sign of carbon biuld up inside the engine.Get some Yamaha Ring Free and follow the directions for doing a shock treatment on the engine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My $.02 - Seafoam first or Ring free ( a lot more expensive), then check the prop. Dents and dings will do that as well. try the simple stuff first!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Not to jack your thread but.... When I spin my prop (Johnson 200 ocean pro) their is a pronounced wabble in the hub of the prop. The prop is SS, so the question is can the prop be off or bent with out harming the lower unit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts