Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I know a lot of Fisherman in the Florida area use Century boats , any one haveing this issue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
I purchased a Century Bay Boat 1902 recently with an upgraded motor from a Yami 115 fs to a Yami 150 Fs... It has 2 batteries and a Battery switch to use 3 position Batt A Batt B or Both. After a Good Charge on the Batt I get a Weak Start from Position A and B but in the Both Postition it is much Stronger .... What read on please... Once I unload the boat at the ramp and get it started I run a few miles stop and turn off the motor in any one of those Battery Position it will not crank over, almost seems as if its a Bad or weak battery
... After about 30-50 minutes the Motor cranks over in the Both position but will still not crank in the individual batt position A or B .. Both batteries were pulled and tested ok bye Exide

Seems when the motor is Hot is when this seems to be at its worse...Anyone have any similar Yamaha Issues???? I am desperatly looking for help..
I live in Virginia and not to many Century and Yami dealers in the immeadiate aera
Jay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where in Virginia? More than likely you have a charging problem or the switch is wired incorrectly. Have you moved the battery switch when the engine is running? If you did, depending on the switch, you could have damaged the primary diode in the engines charging system.

Wyatt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts