Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :

I ordered a stove for my mom. However I need to turn off the gas to the stove and undo it. This is becasue so the Home Depot delivery person can come install it! I am fairly new to home improvement but I suppose I ought to start somewhere.

What Is this knob, lever thing by the pipe that connects the gas to the stove? Which way would you suppose is "off" if at all possible. I haven't seen this before so any help learning about this would be super!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Clean the top of the unit up with one of the little wire toothbrushes and see it there is any signage there. Other than that, I assume(help out here) that the gas is on with the levering that position, pointing to the service line. Moving it to another position would probably be the off position.
If the old stove is functioning turn a burner or two on and move the lever to another position. The burner will go out very quickly when the supply is cut off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In the trade it's called a gas cock... All tho, I haven't seen one like that... If it's on now, turn it, which ever way it will turn, that should be off.... If your not sure/comfortable, call some body that knows what they are doing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts