Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've tried everything but can't seem to find anything to get the kids hooked up. Bloodworms at mouth of Magothy, trolling off podickory, jigging at the bridge, all with no luck. Can anyone help get a 12 year old and dad on the right spot? Our last day together for a few weeks and want want her to have a fish story for the year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have not tried recently, but typically there are plenty of perch at the mouth of the Magothy just inside (west) the channel markers at Gibson island. I have also noticed lots of head boats around Baltimore light, but again I have not fished that area lately. I hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
If calm - try the western side bay bridge pilings in 10-18 feet of water.

The A frames on west bound ( new / north ) bridge are favorites.

Key is to anchor up current so the stern is close to pilings - 10-15 feet - leave a little for in case of large wakes. Ideally - the stern faces the V opening so you can make short cast. Do not try to cast to far into the legs.

Fish tight to pilings but not across / or on them ( snags ) - the Perch should hit very quickly if around.

You might need to move / try 4-5 pilings but sooner / later you'll find them. Be sure to try in shade -if there is any. Often the Perch will hold in this shadow line.

You'll need some current - rare they bite on slack water. If you are getting Toadfish - often that is slack current time.

Fresh bloodworms on # 4 long shank spinner hook is awesome. Better to fish one hook - as snags will happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts